Kat's Website & Contact Info


Friday, December 7, 2007

Agency Disclosure / Representation

Every day I learn something new with regard to Alabama Real Estate and it's implementation. Today, I learned about the importance of timing with regard to disclosure and a Limited Dual Consensual Agency agreement.

Today I took a big step toward improving the service I offer to my clients. I attended the first session of a 60hr pre-licensure class for Brokers. The law in Alabama changed and as of October 1, 2007, any Salesperson who wants to become a Broker must attend and pass an in-class test to receive a certificate of completion. Then, the person must pass the state Broker exam and receive the privilege to call oneself a Broker! Providing all goes well, I should be a broker by Feb/Mar of 2008, depending on a passing grade - of course - and time to process the paperwork.

As a customer working with Real Estate Salespersons, there are many things you should be thinking about. One very VITAL piece of information you should have is: DO NOT DISCLOSE much of your situation without understanding your relationship with the licensee you are speaking to! If you are talking with a Listing Agent about his/her property, do not tell them what you are preapproved for or what price you would like to offer, without reading a Services Disclosure! You might end up being represented in a limited manner, and this person would have gained important information they can potentially discuss with the seller!

Email me, type the phrase "Agency Disclosure" in the subject line and include your name, telephone number and fax number in the email and I will get you a copy of this form.

No comments: